She’s done it again, folks! Master storyteller Karen Witemeyer has crafted a tale that will capture your heart and imagination, and draw you in faster than quicksand… Published by Bethany House in 2016, Ms. Witemeyer’s newest book is entitled “No Other Will Do”, and is a “Ladies of Harper’s Station” novel. The question is, does it pass the expectations set by so many of her other books? Let’s play a little game I call “Is This the Book for You?” to find out!
Simply answer the following questions:
1. Do you enjoy Christian Historical Romance novels, especially those with a Western setting?
2. Have you read and enjoyed other books by Karen Witemeyer?
3. Should the primary characters be compelling, lovable, and realistic enough to hold your interest?
4. Does the story need to be unique enough to pique your interest, but not so “out there” as to be absurd and unbelievable?
5. Is it necessary for the perfect blend of sweet romance, noteworthy adventure, and feels-as-if-you’re-there setting to be the foundations of the novel?
6. Should trust and faith in the Lord also be a foundational element?
7. If the novel happens to be the first book in a series, is that a good thing?
8. Is natural and time-period-appropriate dialogue imperative?
9. Do you like to have fun while you read?
If you answered “YES” to any one of the above questions, let alone all or most of them, well, this book would likely be a perfect match for you! It is highly probable that you will enjoy it as much as I did. However, one caveat remains. In all seriousness, can you answer one more question?
10. Do infrequent romantic scenes and references that hover on the edge of inappropriate material (for a Christian novel) make you uncomfortable?
If you answered yes to this last question, please read “No Other Will Do” with a pinch of caution. Although the vast majority of the book is unblemished, a few scenes may prove troublesome.
Overall, however, “No Other Will Do” is a classic Witemeyer tale of Texan adventure, sweet love, and characters that materialize before your eyes. And the best part? More “Ladies of Harper’s Station” stories are to come! 🙂
“Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.”