I am always so impressed with the books in Harvest House Publishers’ “Discovering the Bible” creative series, and the newest release is no exception! Written by Pam Farrel, Jean E. Jones, and Karla Dornacher, “Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament: A Creative Devotional Study Experience” allows students of God’s Word to “experience the Old Testament as never before”, and uncover God’s plan for His children through various modes of discovery and study. Diving into this book is truly a unique and unforgettable experience, with features such as:
- Beautiful coloring pages and bookmarks bring key verses of Scripture to life, and provide a fun and easy way to memorize them.
- Study questions help us ponder what we are learning, and think critically about “what does this mean for me?”.
- Sidebar snippets give fascinating insights about history, ancient literature, little-known facts, and more.
- Pages are divided into short sections and shaded areas, with space to write our answers – this makes interaction easy and enjoyable.
- Deeply personal reflections from each of the authors allows us to get to know them individually, and on a deeper level, than most books that are written by multiple authors.
“Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament” is a beautiful, unique, and extremely educational tool that will exponentially advance your knowledge and understanding of the Old Testament of the Bible. I love how compelling and interactive it is, and wish to commend each of the authors for their wisdom and hard work at pulling so many features together into a single, in-depth, user-friendly volume. Whether you’ve enjoyed the other books in the “Discovering the Bible” series, or are just interested in learning about the clues pointing to Jesus in each page of the Old Testament, I highly recommend this educational and wisdom-packed book. It will blow you away with all that it holds within its pages!
This book was provided courtesy of Harvest House Publishers, in exchange for my honest review.